Urban Outfitters, Inc. employees and their eligible users are given an Employee Discount Identification Card to use when purchasing merchandise in Urban Outfitters, Inc. stores and on the brand websites.
- When making an in-store purchase, the discount card holder must present his/her discount card and photo identification.
- The discount card holder must be the person making the purchase (i.e., the credit card must be in their name).
- Employees must always present their discount card, even in cases where the item is marked down and no discount is applied.
The discount privilege is for use by the employee and his/her eligible users only. Misuse of the employee discount by the employee will result in revocation of the employee’s and his/her eligible users’ discount (for use in-store and online) and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of the employee. Misuse of the employee discount by an eligible user will result in revocation of the eligible user’s discount (for use in-store and online), and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of the employee.
Misuse by an employee or an eligible user includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Use of the discount to purchase merchandise for people not eligible for this benefit in exchange for monetary or other consideration.
- Reselling items purchased with the discount for profit, inclusive of online purchasing sites (e.g., Craigslist, Facebook).
- Using someone else’s discount number to ring another employee.
- Giving your discount number to another person to use when purchasing merchandise online.
- Employees may receive a one-time price adjustment within 14 days of purchase (or within 14 days of the order date for orders from Direct) if the price of the item has been reduced.
- Price adjustments will not be made for changes in discount percentage during scheduled Employee Appreciation Periods.
- Price adjustments will be made if an item goes from full price to sale price during an Employee Appreciation Period.
- Price adjustments will be made for a discount percentage change for additional unscheduled Employee Appreciation days. (i.e., if an employee has purchased something at 25% off and then a special Employee Appreciation day is announced after the purchase).
Employee Return Guidelines
- Employee returns must be accompanied by a receipt (printed or emailed). Returns without a receipt will be not be accepted.
- Returns will be credited to the original form of payment for price paid.
- Employees may not utilize Merchandise Credit Cards as a form of payment and thus returns may not be issued to Merchandise Credit Cards.
Eligible User Return Guidelines
- Eligible users must follow the same return policy as a customer in terms of receipt acceptance and methods of payment.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. employees are entitled to receive a discount when dining at Menus & Venues fine dining restaurants and quick service locations. This Dining Discount is NOT extended to eligible users. Urban Outfitters, Inc. employees must use their Employee Discount Identification Card to obtain the Dining Discount.
Dining Discount Guidelines
- When dining at Menus & Venues fine dining restaurants and quick service locations, the employee must present his/her discount card and photo identification.
- Employees and their guests may only dine when the employee is off the clock. This does not apply to locations that employees may visit on a break (e.g., Shop 543, Jharoka, etc.).
- The Dining Discount is extended to guests at certain Menus & Venues restaurants. Employees may accept money from those eligible guests to cover the cost of the meal. Employees are not required to pay for their guests’ meals when using this discount. This applies to the Dining Discount only and DOES NOT apply to the Merchandise Discount.
Dining Discount Abuse
- The use of the discount to purchase food or beverages for anyone not eligible to receive this benefit in exchange for monetary or other consideration may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of the employee.
- Misuse by an employee’s eligible user(s) with respect to this Dining Discount may result in suspension of the eligible user’s Merchandise Discount privilege, disciplinary action and/or termination of the employee.